My Palestinian Tutor

One of the kindest people I ever met was a young Palestinian Muslim who worked in a coffee shop in St. Paul, MN. I asked him if I could hire him to be my tutor in Arabic, and he said he would be happy to do it but he would not accept payment -- because, he said, "We are friends."

I know that in the Qur'an Muslims are told not to make friends with Christians or Jews, but this young man took a risk and greatly helped me, a Christian.

My Arabic professor, at the Seminary, was a Muslim psychiatrist from Egypt. He was very good, too.

The young man disappeared after September 11th. I hope he is well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Sunday after September 11th

Wake Up America -- A Couple of Paragraphs from A.A. Maududi on Jihad and the Defense of Islam